Neck Pain Relief in Mt. Prospect
Suffering from Neck Pain (Cervical Pain)?
Our necks have an extremely important job of bridging our brain to our bodies through a complex system of cervical disks, ligaments, muscles, and spinal nerves. Though our necks are extremely tough, the support of the weight of our heads might cause stress and pain as our necks absorb shock and provide motion and support to our heads.
There are preventative ways to avoid some this pain and stress like:
- Improved sleeping positions
- Improving back posture
- Adjusting workspace chair, desk, and computers
- Neck Exercises
- Taking breaks from minimal motion activities
When neck pain is decreasing your quality of life, it might be time to seek the care of a professional. Dr. Katarina Schulze is a licensed Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (C.C.E.P) that provides not only neck pain diagnosis, but relief strategies tailored to your lifestyle.
Neck Pain Symptoms
Common Neck Pain symptoms include:
- Decreased range and motion of head movement
- Stiffness in the neck when the head is held in a specific placement
- Tightness and spams of surrounding shoulders muscles
- Tenderness in neck muscles
- Sharp shooting pain in the neck
- Weakness or tingling in the arms
Causes of Neck Pain
Most neck pain isn’t associated with a serious condition yet can still linger or can affect the daily activities of your life. However, neck pain can have a variety of causes ranging from prolonged exposure to stress or due to sudden movements:
- ‘Text Neck’ Syndrome
- Injury from whiplash
- Unusual sleeping position
- Poor posture
- Quick sudden movement or jerk of the neck
- Uncommon neck placement or motion
- Carrying heavy backpacks, shoulder bags, or purses
Chiropractic or Massage for Neck Pain
Dr. Katarina Schulze’s team has treated and alieved the Mt. Prospect community from various forms of chiropractic pain, and they understand that the best way to diagnose neck pain is from the caring hands of professional chiropractics. Her team will diagnose your pain, reduce the inflammation, improve your range of motion, and find a relief strategy for your spinal health to help you get back to living your healthiest life.
Dr. Katarina Schulze is a Doctor of Chiropractic, with a degree in human biology, and certifications in rehabilitation studies and Meridian therapy—with education and decades of professional experience in her repertoire, she guarantees successful results for her patients.